Areas of practice:
Corporate and Finance
Energy and Natural Resources
Projects and Project Finance
LL.B, University of Tokyo
MA in Comparative Law, University of Tokyo
LL.M, Columbia Law School (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
Bar admissions / qualifications:
State of New York
Nominchimeg Odsuren is the founding partner of Nomin & Advocates LLP. Her practice area includes regulatory and general corporate and commercial law with a specific focus on energy and infrastructure projects. Nominchimeg has extensive experience advising both foreign and Mongolian entities in relation to large scale infrastructure, construction and energy and mining projects, including their regulatory aspects. Nominchimeg is dually qualified to practice law in Mongolia and in New York and she is a registered arbitrator with the Mongolian International and National Arbitration Centre and the Ulaanbaatar Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Centre . Nominchimeg is also an adjunct lecturer of law at the National University of Mongolia’s School of Law.
- Acting for Sharp Energy Solutions Corporation in its development and operations of solar power plants in Darkhan, Zamiin-Uud and Hushigt Khundii areas.
- Acting for a major commercial bank in its financing of a 10MW renewable energy project in Mongolia as lead transactional counsel.
- Acting for the Government of Mongolia in an investment arbitration under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- Advising a major international bank on its trade financing agreement with a Mongolian commercial bank.
- Advising a Singaporean conglomerate on its acquisition of a Mongolian mining company.
- Advising a UK based resource company in its proposed acquisition of a group of companies operating in mining, energy and financial sectors in Mongolia.
- Acting for a Chinese SOE in an ICC arbitration in disputes arising out of an EPC contract.
- Representing a UK mining company in an arbitration administered by the Mongolian International and National Arbitration Centre in disputes concerning mining licenses.
- Advising a Russian technology company in a Stockholm Chamber of Commerce arbitration against an Italian equipment and technology company in a dispute arising out of an EPC contract.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on its equity investment in a Mongolian bank.
- Advising a major Japanese trading house on its power plant project and the investment agreement with the Government of Mongolia.